I. HOW WE COLLECT AND USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information from our Users in order to provide you with a personalized, useful and efficient experience. The categories of information we collect can include:
Information you provide.
We may collect personal identification, such as your name, email address, phone number, zip code, and other information, from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, subscribe to the newsletter, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site, and when you communicate with us. When you apply to receive a quote, Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, social security number, date of birth. If you decide to enroll in a product, we may request additional information from you to facilitate the enrollment process and/or we may direct you to the provider’s website to complete the enrollment. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from a User only if the user voluntarily submits such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Information we receive from third parties.
From time to time, we may receive information about you from third parties including our third party partners or from publicly available sources. If so, we may combine this information with the information you provide.
How we use collected information.
CBC Health Insurance Marketplace uses this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, as well as to communicate directly with you, such as to send you email messages. We may also use personal information for the following purposes:
To improve customer service. Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience. We may use the information to personalize your content, including by providing targeted advertising and offers.
- To understand our Users and improve our Site. We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services. We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To process payments. We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service. We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To send periodic emails. We may use the email address to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests, and to send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes or updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). User may receive emails that include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If you do not wish to receive promotional emails, you can click the “unsubscribe” button on promotional email communications. Note that you are not permitted to unsubscribe or opt-out of non-promotional messages regarding your account, such as account verification, enrollment updates, change or updates to features of the Service, or technical and security notices.
- You may change or update your data by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note we may not be able to revise information which has already been shared with a third party.
Information we collect through cookies and other technology.
We automatically collect certain types of usage information when you visit our website or use our Service. When you visit the Service, we may send one or more cookies — a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets us help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the site. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the Service (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click, how frequently you access the Service, and other actions you take on the Service), and allow us to track your usage of the Service over time. We may collect log file information from your browser or mobile device each time you access the Service. Log file information may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, information about your mobile device, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to anonymously track the online usage patterns of our Users. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service. We may also collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service and to understand more about the demographics of our users. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit, your use of third party applications, and other information that assists us in analyzing and improving the Service. We may work with third parties to employ technologies, including the application of statistical modeling tools, which attempt to recognize you across multiple devices. Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our visitors, we are not able to respond to Do Not Track signals from your browser at this time.
When you access our Service by or through a mobile device, we may receive or collect and store a unique identification numbers associated with your device or our mobile application (including, for example, a UDID, Unique ID for Advertisers (“IDFA”), Google Ad ID, or Windows Advertising ID), mobile carrier, device type, model and manufacturer, mobile device operating system brand and model, phone number, and, depending on your mobile device settings, your geographical location data, including GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device
We use or may use the data collected through cookies, log file, device identifiers, location data and clear gifs information to:
- remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site;
- provide custom, personalized content and information, including targeted content and advertising;
- provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Service;
- monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our website and our Service;
- diagnose or fix technology problems; and
- otherwise to plan for and enhance our service.
Third Party Tracking and Online Advertising:
We may share with, or we may permit third party online advertising networks, social media companies and other third party services, to collect, information about your use of our website over time so that they may play or display ads that may be relevant to your interests on our Site as well as on other websites or apps, or on other devices you may use. Typically, the information we share is provided through cookies or similar tracking technologies, which recognize the device you are using and collect information, including hashed data, click stream information, browser type, time and date you visited the site, and other information. This information is used to display targeted ads on or through our Site or on other websites or apps, including on Facebook. We or the online advertising networks use this information to make the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests. You may be able to “opt out” of the collection of information through cookies or other tracking technology by actively managing the settings on your browser or mobile device, though, depending on your mobile device you may not be able to control tracking technologies through your mobile device settings. Please refer to your browser’s or mobile device’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and/or disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools. You may also be able to limit interest-based advertising through the settings on your mobile device by selecting “limit ad tracking” (iOS) or “opt-out of interest based ads” (Android). To learn more about interest-based advertising and how you may be able to opt-out of some of this advertising, you may wish to visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources, at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices ), and/or the DAA’s resources at www.aboutads.info/choices , and you may also adjust your ad preferences through your Facebook settings. You may also be able to opt-out of some – but not all – interest-based ads served by mobile ad networks by visiting http://youra
II. HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATOIN
We may share your personal information with:
- CBC for CBC’s own marketing purposes, if you have provided your consent to share your information with CBC for marketing.
- Our third parties partners who help provide the Service to you. For example, we share basic information with our third party partners, in order to provide a quote to you. If you decide to enroll in a plan, we share your information with the plan provider and/or we may direct you to the plan provider’s website to continue the enrollment process.
- With third party vendors, consultants and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, in order to carry out their work for us, which may include providing quotes, identifying and serving targeted advertisements, content or service fulfillment, payments processing, or providing analytics services.
- With other brands owned or controlled by Custom Benefit Consultants, and other companies owned by or under common ownership as CBC, which also includes our subsidiaries (i.e., any organization we own or control) or our ultimate holding company (i.e., any organization that owns or controls us) and any subsidiaries it owns. These companies will use your personal information in the same way as we can under this Policy.
- With other parties in connection with any company transaction, such as a merger, sale of all or a portion of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party or in the event of bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings.
We may also share information with others in an aggregated and anonymous form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual.
III. HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR INFORMATOIN
Keeping your information safe:
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through our website. Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Storage and Processing:
IV. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
VI. OTHER LEGAL TERMS
By submitting an application, you represent that you have permission from all of the people whose information is on the application to both submit their information to the Site, and receive any communications about their eligibility and enrollment.
We are authorized to collect the information on this form and any supporting documentation, including social security numbers, under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Public Law No.), as amended by the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010 (Public Law No. ), and the Social Security Act.
We need the information provided about you and the other individuals listed on this form to determine eligibility for:
- enrollment in a qualified health plan through the Federal Health Insurance Marketplace,
- insurance affordability programs (such as Medicaid, CHIP, advanced payment of the premium tax credits, and cost sharing reductions), and
- certifications of exemption from the individual responsibility requirement.
As part of that process, we will verify the information provided on the form, communicate with you or your authorized representative, and eventually provide the information to the health plan you select so that they can enroll any eligible individuals in a qualified health plan or insurance affordability program. We will also use the information provided as part of the ongoing operation of the Site, including activities such as verifying continued eligibility for all programs, processing appeals, reporting on and managing the insurance affordability programs for eligible individuals, performing oversight and quality control activities, combatting fraud, and responding to any concerns about the security or confidentiality of the information.
While providing the requested information (including social security numbers) is voluntary, failing to provide it may delay or prevent your ability to obtain health coverage through the Site, advanced payment of the premium tax credits, cost sharing reductions, or an exemption from the shared responsibility payment. If you don’t have an exemption from the shared responsibility payment and you don’t maintain qualifying health coverage for three months or longer during the year, you may be subject to a penalty. If you don’t provide correct information on this form or knowingly and willfully provide false or fraudulent information, you may be subject to a penalty and other law enforcement action.
In order to verify and process applications, determine eligibility, and operate the Site, we will need to share selected information that we receive outside of CMS, including to:
- Federal agencies, (such as the Internal Revenue Service, Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security), state agencies (such as Medicaid or CHIP) or local government agencies. We may use the information you provide in computer matching programs with any of these groups to make eligibility determinations, to verify continued eligibility for enrollment in a qualified health plan or Federal benefit programs, or to process appeals of eligibility determinations. Information provided by applicants won’t be used for immigration enforcement purposes;
- Other verification sources including consumer reporting agencies;
- Employers identified on applications for eligibility determinations;
- Applicants/enrollees, and authorized representatives of applicants/enrollees;
- Agents, Brokers, and issuers of Qualified Health Plans, as applicable;
- CBC Health Insurance Marketplace contractors engaged to perform a function for the Site; and
- Anyone else as required by law or allowed under the Privacy Act System of Records Notice associated with this collection (CMS Health Insurance Exchanges System (HIX), CMS System No. , as amended, 78 Federal Register, 8538, March 6, 2013, and 78 Federal Register, , May 29, 2013).
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
CBC Health Insurance Marketplace
Custom Benefit Consultants, Inc.
300 S. Fourth St. Ste. 704
Las Vegas, NV
800 309 9029